<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Saturday, 14 February 2009

YAY! 'Love with a cause' was great success! Now I'm so tired, with a load of homework piling up...

Anyway, it was a good start at 4pm, with Nelson (a poor cancer-stricken child) in the cart, Dr Tan went on his 1st round around the track, with lots of people and MG girls screaming and cheering. And you know how we, MG girls, cheer. Haha!

Well, I had to report for duty later on at 5pm, which involved recording every child's name and age and how long (mins) he/she sat in the cart. My shift was from 5pm-6pm, a duration of 1hour. Well, it may seem really long and tedious doing this job in the humid evening weather, but time flew really quickly with each passing child, and soon the next pair reported for duty! Well it was fun. Everytime Dr Tan returned from his round around the track, he'd talk a little in his ever-so-cheerful and confident voice, shake hands with the little kids, etc.

6pm-8pm was my break, and i went to KAP for dinner because I didn't feel like eating the food in the carnival. Plus I needed some exercise after being cooped up in the school's bamboo courtyard for so long. Haha. Thus I ate my lonely meal in KAP, not that I mind, I actually enjoy eating alone. :) Then I decided to freak my dear sister out by giving her a telephone call and say "I MISS YOU SO MUCH!" Hahaha, and her reply was so cool and composed, "I think you're a bit crazy..."

At 8pm, I was scheduled to man the T-shirts and books booths. So I sat at the booth with Jerusha, Eleanor, Sheralyn and Claire and we began chatting a little. Sheralyn, of course, started her sick jokes and they lasted throughout the night. The music was blaring really loudly, and Josephine and Claire got really 'high' and started dancing and doing the 'body wave'. Haha. It was really crazy and funny! I couldn't stop laughing! This lasted the whole night, until 12am when I decided to get some sleep. The track was crowded with people and MG girls at 12am when I went up to the 3O classroom to take a rest... (I know it's dangerous to sleep alone in a deserted classroom, but I asked Jacklyn and Wanrui to accompany me, but they left anyway.) I know I'm a bad girl; I decided not to wake up and do my 12am-4am shift of manning the booths, thus I slept right through until 5am.

I woke up to a world of silence, because the people had left MGS and most of the girls were resting either in the Sports Complex or Bamboo Courtyard. Well, there were active girls playing netball and tennis all night through...

So I walked along the quiet corridor, down the staircase and into the Bamboo courtyard where I found a few girls who were awake. I asked them what had happened (when I was asleep) and they said nothing much, which is good, haha. If not, everyone would be angry with me because most of the girls only got 2-3 hrs of sleep, unlike me who had a straight 5hrs of sleep. >_<

Next, from 6am-9am, I supervised at the track as a 'Track Marshall'... Hehe, it got rather hot at 9+am, so I asked someone else to help me. Thanks to Jacklyn! :D After that, I just went booth-hopping, see if anyone needs help, chat with different girls, etc. :) It turned out that not many people needed me, thus I went around chatting and sitting at different booths for a while.

It became a little boring, but at 2pm, Grace (from England) appeared at the event! Oh, I was so delighted to see her again after about 4 years so I gave her a big hug! Yes, we repeated the sick jokes Sheralyn told us, and Grace shared more about her life in London. She learns 4 languages, wow! English, French, Spanish and Chinese. So cool! We tried conversing in French a little; well, we did okay for our 1st try... :)

At 4pm on Valentine's Day, the event finally ended. Again, it ended the way it began, with a word of prayer, screams and cheers from MG girls, a short speech each by Dr William Tan and Mrs Ong (Principal of MGS). It had been indeed a really fun event, and I definitely bonded more with my old friends and of course, made new ones in the process.

This was truly an exciting experience! Not only was I more inspired by Dr Tan's perseverance, we (the student helpers/leaders) were much more bonded than before and supported each other until the end, which is the whole point of this event. Support and encouragement. For Dr Tan, for our teachers, for our peers, for the public.

Now, no matter how weary I am, I think this event was worthy of my participation and thus I enjoyed it tremendously! :D

Going to sleep and wishing all a Happy Valentine's Day,
The Enchanting Twilight

PS: Thank you Kenny for coming down to this event and helping in raising funds for the cancer society.
Pingwei, although you couldn't come, I still appreciate your 'jia you' smses! :D Same to you!
Thanks to all fellow Duplo mates and Exoforce! Plus all other student helpers from other LTC groups! :D

Labels: