<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Tuesday, 10 March 2009

I'm not happy at all today. :( I DID SO BADLY FOR SS! Even my teacher got a shock I suppose... I didn't even get a 2-digit score for the SS paper out of 15 and lots of girls got above 12. What a total disgrace. I think I'm top from the bottom of the class. :'( Help. My inferences and purpose were all wrong. Why? Just because of one word in the punchline of the source (cartoon). Then, for my structured essay, I only went up to L3 even though i wrote until L5. Because... stupid me, I described the given factor WRONGLY and thus I couldn't "level up" because according to LORMS, you must get each level correct before you proceed to the next one. So my whole paper was filled with big red crosses. How ugly. I actually could've gotten full marks for the structured essay! I obtained full marks for the structured essay practice, but how come I couldn't do it again during the test?! This is an unforgivable mistake.

Chemistry results were so-so. I aimed for a much higher score though. Thanks to my carelessness and blindness, I could not see my crazy errors and submitted the paper thinking I should be fine. In the end, it's always not fine. Tsk.

To think I studied so hard for my tests to get my A1s. In the end they become Bs. What a waste of effort, really. To think there are some people who're so intelligent they don't need to put in much effort at all and can rush and mug last-minute, and still do well and get As. Fine, I know that results aren't everything in life, and I shouldn't get too worked up with them. Still, it's horrible as the fault obviously lies with me and no one else.
Well, the preliminary round for the speech competition went okay I felt. I had no idea that there would only be 2 English teachers auditioning the participants! My speech was totally targeted at students, not ENGLISH teachers. The theme I chose was media (the other theme was health), and I decided to talk about something to do with the refraction of light (an analogy), and this was targeted more towards students. Those English teachers wouldn't know a thing about what I was trying to say. But I sincerely hope they did, because I tried my best to explain the scientific part as clearly as possible. I felt I went a little fast; I could've started slower... Well I tried presenting my speech to the class before I went for the audition and my friends understood what I was speaking about fortunately, so I hope the teachers comprehend too. :)
Well, Cross-country event is tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it! Yay! 3.3km is quite a distance to run, but I shall try my best and try not to start walking. Hopefully the track will be a bit wider so that overtaking can be easier. Haha. Must complete the run in less than 18mins! :D
In anticipation,
The Enchanting Twilight

Labels: , ,