<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Wednesday, 11 March 2009

YAY! Cross-country is over! It was really super FUN! :D

Well, to start off with the good news, OLSON (my house) obtained 1st place for Cross-country championships!! Thanks to us Olsonites running enthusiastically, our Olsonite teachers doing their very best in the Teachers' Race and our shrill screams and creative cheers for the Interhouse Cheering competition! Haha, oh what a sense of achievement and joy!

This year's CC run was 3.3km. Longer than last year's 2.8km, but shorter than 2007's 3.5km. Well, it was held in West Coast Park, where there was a concrete track to run on and not on grass with lots of dew fortunately. If not my shoes will be super dirty.

*****

Now, the description of my 3.3km journey. :D Sadly, I didn't even make it to the top 50 runners in B Division. That shows how slowly I run. :( I did have a good start, barging my way through the people in front of me and hearing screams like, "Hey you Olson; not supposed to do this!" Haha, I apologised of course but couldn't be bothered to turn around. >.< I know I'm quite horrid. Well, I was quite sure I was amongst the 1st 50 girls, just that after running (and trying so hard to keep up with the cross-country girls) I slowed down and others started to overtake me. Actually, MANY girls overtook me. Tsk. Not good. After running about 2.4km, my right hand started to get numb for no reason. Oh wells, but I couldn't care less, running doesn't involve hands. Haha.

At the 2.8km mark, my legs were aching quite a bit, so I started walking (in which I shouldn't have). Then I heard a very loud and high-pitched scream, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HMM?? RUN!" Guess who said that. My sister. How encouraging. I was already so tired! Then she went onto the track and pushed me for a few metres. I tried to run but not much. Oh wells, thanks for the support anyway. :)

I should've listened to my sister and ran. Then perhaps I could've gotten top 50. I know the girl who overtook me and a few others in front of me got it. Sigh, what a waste.

Well, that's it for Cross-country! The Teachers' Race was really funny. Haha! Olson had a good mix of various subject teachers. Mrs Yap's (VP) really quite good at skipping! :D

Overall, I had fun at Cross-country. I'm always waiting for it to come again. ;)

Off to massage my dear feet...
The Enchanting Twilight :)

Labels: