<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Ooh. Long time no post. Hah.
I found out every morning and evening free German newspapers are given out at every tram stop. Yay so usually I go out in the evening with my dad for a stroll and 'shun bian' take one. :) Keeps me in touch with the Swiss World. Well the thing is, I can't read. But at least I can recognise names and look at pictures. Soon enough, hopefully, I'll be able to read.
Yesterday I had my culture training so that I won't get much of a culture shock here in Switzerland. Well the one I went for with my sis were for kids because we are in the 'kid' age group. Thus everything was kind of childish. Our trainer started teaching us how to sing this Swiss-German nursery song and we were like... huh?? Anyway he was quite out of tune so we couldn't really be bothered to sing and pretended we were tone-deaf too. Then we changed the topic and asked him to tell us about the Swiss political system. HAHA! At least we learnt about the geography and history of Switzerland - it's really amazing Switzerland's been out of war (staying neutral) since 1815 after the empire Napolean built collapsed!! :O We were made to draw out the 26 different cantons in Switzerland on a piece of paper. Might seem boring but it was rather educational. Then the capitals of each canton. Which canton speaks what language. Climate and weather throughout Switzerland. Of course we learnt a bit of Swiss-German (not supposed to but oh well who cares). Personally I think High German sounds much nicer than Swiss-German. I can't really pronounce the 'r's in German. It seems like you're about to spit out your phelgm when you say it. And lots of German words have 'r's and 'ch's. Sigh.
My trainer's a Morrocan Swiss, and he speaks 8 languages?!! *faints* Okay I shall aspire to that. ;) My parents had a German lady as their trainer, who studied linguistics in university and can also speak 8 languages. :O
Right now I've learnt lots of new vocab in German. And I've gotta remember what's male, female and neutral. TSK. And now I've got my French mixed up too! D: Idk which is which! Sigh. My grammar, oh no... I tried ordering food in German in the restaurant and supermarket. Hehehe. It worked. So-so. But after a few lines I just stare at them blankly. Switch back to English. HAHA. Bleh.
I found a clay court tennis club near my house! Wheehee! Should go sign up soon. :) CLAY COURT! I've never played in clay court before. It was always hard court. ;) The parks here are super big and really nice. Playgrounds are dotted all over the place. I love the swings. Reminds me of the 5-year-old me 10 years ago. :D
I miss durian. :'( And mangosteens perhaps. That's about the only food I miss I guess. I miss school too. MGS<333I've been looking at the NDP music videos. Haha. I just remembered the time in P5 when my class was chosen to lead the school in the dance. :) I still remember the moves of the chorus! :D Reach out for the skies! :D
Swiss National Day - 1st August! Yay! Looking forward to the beautiful fireworks by the river! The Confederation of Helvetica becomes 718 years old! :O Compared to Singapore turning 44 this year... :P
The Enchanting Twilight

Labels: , ,