Okay... my exercise isn't really called exercise. -.- Bleh... I walk round and round the huge balcony outside my house.
Anyway this post isn't about exercising. It's about whether I made the right decision about my subject combination or not. I chose Physics and Chemistry for Grades 9 and 10 in the end, which means dropping Biology. Right or wrong? That's because I really don't know what I want to do in the future, so this combi is making my paths as wide as possible. The school said, take P and C in Grades 9 and 10, if you think you really want to do Medicine in uni, then take B in Grade 11 for IB. That's the only option since British universities accept students who have done all 3 sciences at any point from Grade 9 to 12. HOW FRUSTRATING.
First, I don't think I'll do Medicine. 2nd, I don't need to go to a uni in UK. 3rd, I love Biology. :'( But I dropped it. Okay. Nvm. I guess I'll never do Biology then. It'll be too big a jump in Grade 11. It's also super risky, because if not I'll be taking B (a subject I left for quite long) as an IB subject. Sigh.
I really hope I don't regret not taking Biology. I'm just doing this to keep my options as open as possible.
Anyway, that was Friday. The weekend was really quite interesting for me! :D
Saturday: Hopped over the border across to France. Went to Illzach, Mulhouse in the Alsace region to shop around in Carrefour and buy groceries too. It was a half hour drive to Mulhouse with the handy navigator. :) We reached at about 2pm, had a sandwich lunch (which I disliked) and walked around the shopping mall for about 2hrs. 4pm: a light snack because my mum kept insisting I was hungry even though I wasn't at all! (How can she know whether I'm hungry or not?? -.-) Then began our 4hr-grocery shopping in Carrefour. I think the French would've noticed that we're one of the craziest Asian families ever. We emerged from Carrefour at 8pm with a whole load of food and crockery. OMG. NEarly 170 euros! *faints* My mum said that was the most expensive grocery bill ever!! Indeed we are insane. Well I did get a bit of French practice there. Like ordering food. Oh and I was reading the blurbs of French romance novels. HAHA! I COULD UNDERSTAND! OMG! I was so glad! :D But I didn't buy any French book; I figured I'll just leave it aside in the end. It'd be much too difficult. Then we returned and had dinner at 10pm. How late.
Sunday: Drove to Zurich with the helpful navigator again. :) Acted like tourists with a Basel car. Hahaha. Went up the Grossmunsterplatz tower to enjoy the beautiful view of Lake Zurich and the packed city view. CHF 1 for going up the tower. -.- The white swans and brown ducks looked just so adorable paddling in the canal! And the water was crystal clear; I could see the rocks on the passage bed! :P We walked down Bahnhofstrasse (the Zurich Orchard Road) and looked through all the glass windows of the shops. Well, they were all closed since it was Sunday. So many watch shops! :O And all the big brands like Prada, LV, EZ etc. OH I didn't see Gucci. Haha. Zurich is so different from Basel. It's such a bustling city with people walking up and down the streets (fast-paced) even on Sunday. In Basel people seem more relaxed. And the tram/train lines in Zurich criss-cross in all directions; it seems a bit scary... :)
Well it was a good experience overall. Maybe I should hop over to Germany in time to come. And visiting Bern, the capital of Switzerland, would be fun too. :D
The Enchanting Twilight
