1 Aug: SWISS NATIONAL DAY! Now Switzerland's 718 years old! WOW! Compared to Singapore turning 44 in a few days' time. Haha. The 2hr-long fireworks were amazingly loud and BIG. It was by the river, and since I live 2 streets away from the river, I thought I could watch the spectacular fireworks from the balcony of my apartment. AND YES, I did! Haha. It was just so beautiful. It was so bright it lit up half the night sky. And Singapore's few fireworks totally can't beat the Basel ones. Haha! There was one firework that kept "growing" larger, for quite a long time. Then it gradually started shrinking and finally one spark was left. And poof it disappeared. How entertaining. :P
The next day I went for a drive through the Black Forest in Germany. It's full of pine trees that appear black during the winter in contrast with the snow. I saw ski-lifts here and there during the drive. Not utilised now of course. But well I guess the ski resorts there are really great! That reminds me, I haven't skied for about 3 years! :O I need to learn to ski again. :P
Stopped by at Colmar, a small French town, for dinner. Yay I put my knowledge of speaking in restaurants to good use. :) It was quite late so the shops were all closed and the city centre was quite deserted, except that the cafes were open. I might visit Colmar again. Heard it's a great place to buy shoes. And it's the little Venice of France! ;)
Oh, school's starting soon! 2 more weeks! Yay! Home can be a bit boring sometimes... Honestly, I've forgotten all the Maths and Physics I've learnt this year already. Sigh. Need to tune back. Hahaha.
The Enchanting Twilight
Labels: Germany, Swiss National Day
