<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Sunday, 6 September 2009

School has been going okay...

Well I haven't actually found good friends whom I connect with very well and whom I can totally be myself in front of. But still, it's just 3 weeks into this new school. Hopefully in another 3 weeks I'll be posting something different. I feel the people in my class are quite motivated as they do al their work really quickly (even the boys), so that's good exposure. However, they treat me somewhat differently, like when the boys talk to me they use a weirdly formal tone. And the girls aren't particularly open to me, like they don't hug me every morning when we meet and say 'I love you so much' to me every day. Not that I want them to say it to me though, heh. So cheesy. There are 4 new students in my class, a German girl, an English boy, a Swedish-American boy and me. From what I feel, I'm the student who's taking the longest time to settle in and be one of them.

I know I stand out from the crowd, partly because I have the darkest hair colour in school anyway. Thus the teachers recognise me rather easily and have no problem remembering my name because it's a Western name and it's such an international name! 'Monica' is easy to pronounce and can be "translated" into many different languages without changing sound. Haha. Yay I love my name. ;)

Being in this Middle Years Programme (MYP)which is part of IB isn't that easy. We have to keep writing lots of essays and evaluation and pen down all our plans, thoughts and processes. There are lots of criteria to follow for each subject and you have to keep making sure you're doing the 'right thing'. Sigh, so now the easiest homework to do is either Maths or German, because Maths is solving problems and German it's learning conjugation or vocabulary. No essays YET. Yeah and PE is a graded subject - they give you marks for how well you perform, interact, and apply the knowledge learnt/taught. :/

The trip to Le Linge (French trenches) has been postponed due to bad weather that day. How disappointing. The weather's getting colder and colder, and the leaves of the trees outside my apartment have started to change colour. They're no longer green; they're yellow. Autumn's approaching. Time to get my winter jacket. I grew out of mine.

Oh and lockers in school can be decorated with magnets and photos etc. Mine's so pathetic; I only have one magnet. But well, I'd want my locker to be more practical than beautiful anyway.

The Enchanting Twilight

PS: French grammar is okay. French reading comprehension is so difficult! There're levels of response, like LORMS in History in Singapore. Sigh. D:

Labels: