<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Friday, 9 October 2009

Yay I baked my hot chocolate cheesecake. It smelt really good, it looked appetising, but it didn't taste that great. :( Oh well, 1st try...

There were supposed to be 2 layers - one pastry layer at the bottom and the cake layer on top. But when it came out of the oven, it had 3 layers - above the cake layer was a burnt cake layer. D: Well I garnished it with crushed almonds, so it looked nice. From far the burnt layer actually looks like a creamy-ish icing. Hahaha.

Anyway I got a hand whisk. And I found out that I should've gotten an electric hand whisk to whisk the egg white well so that a lot of air would be trapped in the egg white. If you don't get the egg white stiff then the whole cake would be a failure. But I just went on with my manual hand whisk and yes my sis and I got the stiff egg white! :D I remembered in MOELC's French fair we made madeleines and the teacher went around whisking the egg whites with the electric whisk. Heh. I did it with my own hand. :D

Cakes are really fattening. The amount of double cream, sugar, hot chocolate powder, margarine, cheese etc. I put into it is crazily huge! Oh plus about 100g of almonds? D: I think I baked it for too long and put it too high in the oven so that's why it became hard and dry. At least the pastry layer was good. :)

I thought it tasted weird, my sis didn't exactly like it, my mum thought it was dry but okay and my dad liked it because it's crunchy. (Of course it'll be crunchy - it's burnt!) Well it's gone now. Everyone ate it up, haha! :D

I realised I'd spent most of the day in the kitchen (because I cooked dinner too). And I've hardly completed any work for the hols because I've been slacking away and doing silly things. Well not like there's much to complete, but a bit of revision would be good. Nvm, I've had experience of doing things at the last minute from my life in Singapore. :P

The Enchanting Twilight

PS: I found a park with a perfect practice hill for running. Did 12 100-metre hill repetitions. Yay I should keep up with this as my hill work is still really horrible.

Labels: