I got a small role in the school play, which was Oh What a Lovely War. A play about the irony, dark humour and futility of war. I had to act as a British, French and German soldier at different points of the play (some were silent roles) but still I had to learn the different accents. Which was quite difficult! :/ Managed an okay German accent I guess. The higher-grade Theatre Arts students told me so. :) The play was staged 3 nights in a row, and it was quite tiring, plus I had a few tests on those days too. Well overall I think I managed pretty well, and the whole process of rehearsals, practice sessions and the real play was very enjoyable! Yay, looking forward to next year! :D
Oh, recently we started soccer as a PE module. Hah, my soccer is TERRIBLE. Can't kick the ball straight, and I think I unconsciously duck from the ball at times. No one wants me on their team because I am so horrible at soccer and as quoted "too nice" for soccer. -.- Fine, I can't push and shove my way through because I'm really not used to doing so. PE is a graded subject so I just need to meet the requirements then I should be fine. Omg, after the 1st lesson, my calves actually hurt. Like they felt bruised even though they're not. Well, soccer is quite fun in fact, but just that my dad always keeps saying how rough it is and blah blah blah. Too bad, I have to play it, it's my PE module now and anyway I like it.
My last PE module was Creative Movement, and we had to do a dance routine. No gymnastics involved, but we were graded on how well we could link our actions to the music. My group was crazy over Asian culture, so we finally decided on Chinese. I warned them I'm not from China so I don't know everything about China. Hahaha. Anyway I think we 3 worked well. I got one of my Chinese songs, my friend brought 3 of her Chinese fans and we used the school gymnastics ribbons. :) I think our dance looked quite nice. :D
I measured my height and found out I didn't grow at all. :( I've been at this height for a year now. Sigh. And I'm one of the shortest in class. Instead I gained weight.
Oh nvm, looking forward to the Christmas hols! 2 weeks only, but I hope I can improve my skiing again. :P Haven't skied for 4 years... but now first, I have to find some place to rent skis.
The Enchanting Twilight
Labels: Creative Movement, Oh What a Lovely War, Soccer
