Whoo, time passes by so quickly... CNY and Fasnacht are all over, and school's starting next week. :/
This year's CNY was white and snowy, no noise, no firecrackers, no yummy goodies. :( We had our normal 'reunion dinner' which was no big deal, just like any other dinner. But well, I succeeded in making my own pineapple tarts! :D So in a way, I did have some goodies. Plus my parents went back to Singapore and Malaysia and got some goodies back, like love letters, but no bakkwa. :( And my relatives didn't forget about me; I still got my annual hongbaos. :D In ringgits. :P
Fasnacht was pretty fun, viewing it for the 1st time in my life! I went for Morgenstreich (Morning parade) at 4am on 22 Feb in Basel town centre. People dress up in thick weird costumes and wear crazily huge masks and go marching the streets in cliques and lanterns while playing the piccolo or drums. Quite cool. It was cold, standing out for about 2 hours, watching the whole procession. Then on 23 Feb there was the Lantern Exhibition, where all the lanterns are stationed at one spot in town so people can take a look at the really detailed designs/drawings and slogans. So sad I don't understand Swiss-German, if not I'll be able to understand the jokes in the slogans... 24 Feb was the last day of this event and my sis and I went to town to watch the wagon procession. The people in the wagon threw out oranges, bananas, apples, flowers, toys etc to the crowd, so my sis and I were like waving madly at them and "begging" for goodies. Haha, it was really an experience because we never really begged before. :P Oh, and random people run up to you and stuff confetti into your hood and jacket. My sis got stuffed more as she's an easier target... ;P Mostly the "attackers" are children, so they're kind of short, but if the adults do it, it gets pretty violent. Haha. You can't see who's doing it because they have their mask and costume on. In the end when I returned home, I had to shake out all the confetti on my clothes and in my bag and jacket. :/
Oh yeah and for Semester 1 I got a GPA of 6.88 out of 7.00. Sigh I COULD HAVE gotten 7. Silly PE. More precisely, it's soccer which pulled my score down. Oh well, AIMING FOR 7.00 FOR SEMESTER 2! :D
The Enchanting Twilight
