Haha, pretty fun. 4 of us met up at 6pm outside the cinema and bought 7 tickets as 3 more girls were arriving later. I was voted most responsible and trustworthy so I kept all 7 tickets. I should never do that again in case I lose them altogether... Then we four went for dinner at Cindy's Diner, some fast-food restaurant which apparently serves better fries than McDonald's and free sauce (not like Basel's KFC and McDonald's). Well I bought a baguette sandwich which I really shouldn't have because it was so big and I became so full. :/ Haha. One big sandwich and a Coke cost CHF 10, which is about S$15 - such a total rip-off. Plus the 3D movie tickets each cost CHF 20 - way more expensive than in Singapore!! D:
It was my first time going to the cinemas in Basel, after living here for so long, so one try is okay. When I return to Singapore, I am so going on a movie-watching craze (hopefully the prices didn't increase).
Oh my, we sat in the restaurant for about 1 hour eating and talking about crap. Like really, the latest topic in school is sex education, so we were kind of discussing and gossiping about people and couples in school having sex. Totally random, and some old Swiss man heard us and he was like giving us weird looks. :P
At 8pm we met with the 3 others who fortunately came on time so we didn't miss the start of the movie. When we entered the theatre, we were quite surprised to see other groups of friends from our school! Hah, small world, since Basel has only one giant cinema which everyone patronises and this cinema only shows the movie 3 or fewer times a day.
It's really good to live in town because after we exited the cinema at 10.30pm, I could easily race home. ;) Alice in Wonderland was okay... I wasn't exactly sure of the storyline myself. But fortunately the conversation was clear enough as the subtitles were in German. :P
Back to my boring history paper on Roosevelt and USA's economic recovery... :/
The Enchanting Twilight
Labels: Movie
