Hahaha, back from ISTA for over a week already, but anyway it was really educational I thought! It was catered for Grade 6-8 students, and I'm Grade 9 - I don't know why my silly school sent Grade 9s. Well, AT LEAST I COULD GO! It was all theatre and drama for 3 full days, and really my creative juices are all drained. :P The disco was pretty bad, and the theme of Heidi was kind of childish, but other than that I learnt a lot.
My host family was really nice too; they hosted 4 other girls! So 2 sisters hosting, 5 guests plus their older sister = 8 girls in the house! And 2 parents. Hah, poor dad, surrounded all by females. :P Well their house was big and spacious nearly all of us had a room for ourselves. :) 3 of the other girls were pretty crazy over make-up and hair straighteners and curlers, so basically I was just watching them make up all night and morning. We watched movies together, one PG and one M18 I think (although we're all under 16). :O
I tried to make popiah yesterday because I suddenly felt like eating it. But the problem is, here you can't get turnip, the main ingredient, so I substituted using cabbage and carrots. :/ And I couldn't find popiah skin in the Asian supermarket, so I had to use Vietnamese spring roll rice paper. It wasn't the best, because I substituted too much and rolling wasn't that easy... And it was kind of salty as I added too much of 4 types of sauces. Oh well, my sudden cravings do lead me somewhere. I still remember the times when after French at MOELC I'd hop by with my mum and get 2 popiah from the Ghim Moh wet market food court - one with chilli, one without. ;)
