I found out it was my friend's birthday on 14 May, so I packed her some. First time they tasted pandan flavour, first time having a cake which is steamed and not baked (they don't know what steaming is!!) and first time eating a cake with thin layers. :P Wow, such a new experience. They said they liked it, but you can't trust their words; they always say nice comments. -.- But yeah wtv, I think it's yummy and that's all I care about. The kueh lapis sold in the Asian supermarket is about CHF 2 or 3 for a measly 80g with 3 layers only. Hah, if I sold mine, I'd make loads of money! :D
So yeah, my family's been saving money on cakes so far...
Oh, today during Food Tech I baked gluten-free banana cookies for my project. They turned out quite good and I made about 25 - all of which were wiped out so quickly! My Food Tech classmates are really rather greedy. I had leftover banana butter icing and they used teaspoons to lick that up too. Thank goodness I managed to try a few of my cookies before they were gone! And good thing I grabbed 5 for my dear little sister so that she can have it for lunch dessert. :P
When they were gone, some of my friends asked me if they could pinch the cookies I kept. I had to be mean; I said "No, they're for my sis." And they were like, "ohhhh, are you guys tight?" A strong "YES" shut them up. Haha. Then they saw my sis pass by the kitchen to 'collect' her cookies and I don't know what they said among themselves but they were definitely saying something about me. Or my sis. Don't know if it's good or bad, but I don't really care - perhaps it's a ritual or habit - I've been saving any food I cook during Food Tech or Home Econs in Singapore for my sis.
I recalled my sis sat at the back of the classroom in sec 1, so I'd scoot to the back door and roll in a container of whatever I whipped up during the Home Econs lesson before. :P And then the back row of girls will stare at me, look at the teacher who of course goes on teaching blindly and doesn't notice me, and then look at the box thinking what FOOD is there! Hahaha. Very naughty and rude of me, but it was fun sneaking around. :P
The Enchanting Twilight
Labels: Banana cookies, Kueh Lapis
