<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Ohh I haven't posted for nearly a month... So far lots of things have cropped up. The current major problem is that my father announced that we're not returning to Singapore over the summer hols, simply because he doesn't feel like going back and he doesn't allow us to go back ourselves because we're not responsible enough. :(

By making this startling decision, he made my sis and I cry. And how nice I started crying in school, shocking especially my History teacher because I excused myself from his class for half an hour. He knows 'Monica never skips classes'. Hah. But wtv, I kind of got over the fact that we're not returning this summer hols so I hope everyone in Singapore may focus well on the Os. ;) I guess I'd be missing Founder's Day prom with my fellow sec 4 dearies and hopefully everyone won't disperse away too much until I can't locate them...

This trip back to Singapore was meant to be a research trip for my personal project too, since I'm designing a cross-cultural cookbook (Swiss+Singaporean cuisine). I'd probably have to find ways to substitute this research and find my Asian ingredients in Europe. Sigh, so many amendments to do!

The exams are just over and I'm satisfied with my results - did pretty well for most subjects (apart from PE). I usually don't get rewarded for doing well, but I certainly didn't expect such a heartbreak. I remembered last year around this time I cried a lot too, because of the knowledge that I was leaving in a week or so. Hopefully June 2011 won't be the same? :/

Yesterday it was Sports Day in school, and we played beach volleyball, soccer and basketball. Swimming was optional but the weather was rainy and cold (14dC)so of course I didn't swim. :P Summer's supposed to be nearing, in 1 week, but this rainy weather is so depressing.

So far, my perosnal project has been coming along well... Research stage currently, plus I'm learning to make lots of local food that I miss so much. :) I created Asian meatballs as my sis really wanted to eat them and the frozen ones in the Asian market were terrible! Off to buy a Swiss fondue pot - I might decide to make Swiss Cheese fondue one day... ;P

The Enchanting Twilight

Labels: