I really think I live too much in the past. Forever during this summer hols I've been daydreaming, literally staring into space, thinking of what I'd do visiting in Singapore. Seriously this is not what I should be doing! Wasting my time on such fickle things. I speak to my friends about JC, future plans, yet I have none. Everything seems so exciting for them, yet I have one more year of sec 4/grade 10 to go. Not that it's boring, but I feel I'm behind. Far behind.
I keep wondering, if I hadn't left, how would my life had turned out to be? Mugging, lack of CCA points, stressful. But still, happy with the warmth of truly good friends. And loving every moment of my French lessons in moelc, no matter how boring it may get. After much discussion with my sister one night, reliving our memories of moelc, I concluded that my sec 3 year at French was the best. And the most short-lived one sadly. Well, good things don't last long.
Why is it that the grass is always greener on the other side? I have everything I want and need here in Switzerland, yet I yearn for more, and I miss that something that I can't name. I never knew that school-sickness could last that long. Maybe that way I'm a true MG girl. ;)
School's starting in about one week. I'm not prepared. I'd better revise my Maths at least. :/ I don't even take A Maths here and I've forgotten so much over the hols. I definitely lost a great deal of my mugging skills. :P
No idea why, but I've been reading up a lot about A level subjects. I can't think why I'm doing this because I'm not even taking A levels! It seems I'm very interested in what my friends in Singapore are doing. H2 level French seems pretty difficult, but interesting. If I'd stayed, maybe I'd try that. Haha. But the irony is, I've decided to drop French for IB.
My sis and I were discussing our fates of our 3rd languages the other night. Hers, Jap, (she thinks) has been 99% lost since she doesn't learn it here anymore, and can't really read her sec 1 essays. :/ For me, I've told myself that I'd better do really well for my last year learning French formally. My sister admitted she fell asleep during Jap lessons in moelc, whereas I knew I never did. She believed that people with appeal cases (like me) took 3rd lang more seriously than those who got it at once, like her. I just realised how deeply I had loved French. That I'd done so well in it (it's hardly believable now looking at my trophy), tolerated the fast-paced strict teaching methods etc. Often I question myself, and I can't reply. Actually I still love French and I guess it's the only language I truly adore. I wouldn't say obsessed over. :/
Sec 3 year was the best. <3 I'd finally found my 'home' class, then my teacher left, then I left. I shan't ever bring this up again. I've broken my own heart again.
LOOK FORWARD AND ACE MYP. AND YOU SHALL BE REWARDED. VERY NICELY REWARDED.
The Enchanting Twilight
Labels: England
