Recently, I decided to run for StuCo. Quite a rash act because I seriously think I need to make some significant changes for this sleepy school and grade! Well, not that I'd get it because the whole level votes, and I'm not all that popular. One grade has 1 girl and 1 boy in Student Council, and the boys running are terrible irresponsible people, and the girls running are way better in every aspect! It's pretty cool how I (a black-haired Asian) am running, along with a brunette and a blondie. The brunette girl was the Student councillor last year and she's pretty dominating, outspoken and responsible, so people generally like her and she's one of my closer friends. The blondie is nice too, but she's not as responsible, she's pretty blur and dumb (or perhaps acts dumb), but really popular among boys having had several relationships. Hmm. And me? I guess I'd rank as the least sociable (angmoh kids just beat Asian kids to sociability), but most hardworking and responsible.
We gave speeches to the 5 classes; I had to repeat the same speech 5 times, omg! I think that went okay, and basically it was the teachers giving me the most attention, while the students were looking out of the window or doing homework while I was speaking etc. Tsk. I hope they listened. I hope they choose according to who fits this role the most and not vote for someone just because she's their good friend...
Also, I wish teachers had the right to vote, because then I think I'd win this election easily. Hah, teachers love me and they have the wisdom to choose correctly. ;) It's also a big dilemma for my usual group of friends because the brunette girl and I share the similar group of friends. :/ Sigh. I heard her telling them that they can't run for StuCo because they must vote for her. Pretty spiteful of her to say that, but well, they have to decide for themselves finally.
For me, I didn't do anything to get or "bribe" people to vote for me, except for the common method of putting up campaign posters. My form teacher was so nice as to help me print 20 A4 copies of my posters... (I'd only asked for 10.) And other teachers keep asking me if I've won the elections or not, and I have to reply that we're voting on Monday. :/ All the best to me anyway! :) I hate the bitter flavour of losing. :(
Currently, we're doing Basketball for our 1st PE module. AND YESTERDAY was the MOST VIOLENT BASKETBALL GAME I EVER PLAYED! Firstly, I've never played real basketball in Singapore so I am ranked lowest ability in class. The boys are just so awesome; I really admire them. And yesterday, everyone was just pushing, fighting and rolling on the ground. A really intense game. One boy did a somersault in the air and crashed onto the floor, wall and bench at the side, hitting his elbow (I thought he hit his head but thankfully he didn't), just to save the ball and tip it towards me. OMG. And, another boy (who's really strong and shot up over the hols)nudged nearly every girl with his stupid elbow. He jabbed me in my arm between my wrist and elbow really hard and now I have a bruise. But I should consider myself lucky as he nudged a girl on her cheekbone, plus another in her stomach. Ouch. Stupid boy. And stupid teacher who didn't scold him at all. :/ But I got my revenge - I boxed him out when he tried to shoot and he couldn't score, HAHA. The really humorous thing was that I discovered I needed to use all my weight to box him out, which meant just letting myself fall backwards. So he got really frenzied and he shouted the f-word into my face, but I could only laugh at him. Made him quite angry I think. BUT WHO CARES! My teacher saw that I managed to box him out (as he's one of the best players), and my teacher praised me like crazy that I was finally showing some progress in this game.
Although everyone ended up in bruises, basketball was still really fun for me. I dared not tell any of this to my parents, especially my dad, or else he'd write a letter to my PE teacher asking him to exempt me from this sport. D:
Enough said about basketball... I think I'm gonna do really badly in Maths this term. So far, my standard in all of my tests and projects have been dropping. :'( NOOOO! I really must improve!
The Enchanting Twilight
Labels: basketball, StuCo
