<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Oh yeah I need to blog about this.

1st time a teacher shouted at me in school.
1st time I cried because a teacher scolded me (in school).
1st time I walked out of class without being told to.

Wow.

Okay it was Life Skills lesson (something like Moral Ed. in Singapore).
I am just sitting serenely at my desk while my teacher opens some video he wants to show us about note-taking skills. (Boring, but yeah I watch anyway.)
He tells everyone we should not be doing anything else but glue our eyes to the video.
But suddenly I remember that I must take my drama book home to do reflections, so I quickly whip out a pencil and scribble this note into my diary.
Oh no my teacher sees and races towards me and tries to take all my books away. All my books, meaning my Maths and Drama books because I happened to put them on the chair next to mine.
And I got such a big shock I gathered all my books and said (pretty loudly I think) "Don't take them!"
I realised he was angry because for 10s I wasn't having my eyes glued to the video, and I regret even scribbling a note in my diary.
He told me he'd put those books away for me, but I replied no, no, I'll put them away myself and I walked out of class. :/
He thought I was so brave to walk out of his class, but I actually thought he meant me to go to my locker to put those books away. Oh what a huge misunderstanding.
Then he shouted some words which I didn't really take into consideration as I was walking out of the door and I just said 'yeah, yeah'.
Turns out he said, go to the head-of-year and tell him what a disrespectful student I am! (And I said yeah, tsk)
So I come back into the classroom and he frowns at me and begins scolding me what a disgrace I am, how rude I am, such a good student for other subjects and how can I not take Life Skills seriously, threatens to give me an extremely bad report for life skills.
I was thinking, wth! And then I said to him, "I think you got everything mixed up, because I was just writing a note in my diary; I wasn't actually doing any homework under the desk!"
Well then he interrupted, saying he hates any explanation or excuses and keeps on saying what a lousy person I am.
Didn't cry yet.
Only later when it sank into me that he was gonna call up my parents and give me a bad report (mind you, written), I started crying. ;(
I was really scared about what my parents would say or react. Caused them enough trouble with my foot already. :/
And in the end, because the silly teacher saw me crying, he thought he needed to apologise for shouting at me and kicking a great fuss in front of all the students.

Seriously, life skills is also about controlling your temper and listening to another person's point of view before blowing your top. He didn't set a very good example.
At the end of the lesson I asked him what I had done wrong, because I really thought I didn't do anything really wrong...
He said nothing, just that I was his perfect student, and when he saw his perfect student not listen to his instruction, he just got really really mad.

Right. If he thinks he can comfort me by saying I'm his perfect student, he's wrong. Anyway I was like yeah I understand, yeah I didn't tell the head-of-year anything, yeah I'll listen to you next time.
Too tired to argue, anyway I can't when I'm crying.
Eww I hate myself for crying. Stupid boys were staring at me like they haven't seen anyone cry before.
But maybe I'm glad I did. At least my teacher saw what damage he could do, just a minute after telling us how much he loves students so that's why he's a teacher.

The Enchanting Twilight

PS: He's never even raised his voice at any of the naughty boys in my class before. -.- I'm such a scapegoat I think. But thinking otherwise, none of the boys had even the courage to walk away. HAHA. I can applaud myself. :/

Labels: