<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Thursday, 16 December 2010

Sigh. It'll be Kelsey's last day in school tomorrow. Our grade gave her a farewell today. Martina was really nice and created a wonderful video with photos accumulated since Grade 8 when Kelsey came. Awesome memories, but watching the video really made me feel how it felt to be losing friends just in the blink of the eye. Like how I felt when I left Singapore; lost more friends then, but well, good things have to end somehow.

So I came to school early today and told my homeroom teacher that I need to go to the Aula (auditorium) before our grade assembly session to settle my microphone and the grand piano which I would use during my farewell speech for Kelsey. Silly teacher forgot that I'd be in the tech room and thought I had magically disappeared from the class, and he sent people to search for me high and low in school! :S He found me himself in the end - I was just sitting calmly in the tech room - and yup he realised I had informed him earlier. -.-

Well, that was the silly part of it all. I was pretty glad with my performance, having not touched the piano for 1.5 years and waking up with a stupid sore throat this morning. Sure, there were mistakes in the song I played and times where I went a bit airy/flat at the higher notes due to my weird throat. I was starting to play, and in my mind, I was telling myself, don't cry don't cry because if not I can't sing. Good I didn't cry, but so many people did - I was rather surprised! Kelsey didn't cry though... Haha, she's a strong girl. :) And a great friend.

Oh, my parents got me and my sister a piano last weekend so I had 3 nights to practise the song hard. Physics quiz was on Wednesday, and I won't care if I did badly on that quiz as I was practising harder at the piano than at thermodynamics questions. :P

Know what, I didn't really feel nervous about giving a speech or singing or playing the piano in front of my grade and teachers. I was just afraid I'd break down and cry. I sang that song at home before I left Singapore; I guess it applies again now.

All the best, Kelsey. I'll miss you. ><

The Enchanting Twilight

Labels: ,