Overall, I'm super proud of what I've done and if I'm asked to do this project again, I don't think I'd be able to do it perfectly because I just can't imagine that I had done all those WORK! :O How amazing was I. ><
Anyway, drama monologues performance is approaching soon and I'm pretty dead because I keep messing up my lines and I haven't completed my research and character studies. For my classcal monologue, I'll be acting out one of Portia's speech on mercy from the Merchant of Venice and for my contemporary monologue, I'll be acting Gonzo from a lone monologue named Purple Banana Nose. Pretty glad with my choice of characters, because Portia's very intelligent and Gonzo's mentally retarded (child-like) and seriously stupid. Haha. How awesome. Very diverse. ;)
I watched the Black Swan last Saturday and it was pretty disgusting... Could be considered horror gothic. :P I thought it'd be nice to watch the ballet performance the Swan Lake or something like that, but I was totally wrong! Lesbian relationships, psychological problems, politics being an actress/dancer etc. Ewww. Anyway, now my parents are certain that they won't let me take Theatre Arts for IB as they're afraid that I turn into that insane dancer in the movie. :S
Then on Sunday, I watched Evita, which is a life musical currently in Basel. Too many songs I felt. Like even the dialogues were all sung. I totally prefer The Phantom of the Opera and Love Never Dies (Phantom of the Opera 2), although they're by the same composer. Evita is about Argentina's history and politics - the fall and rise of Eva Peron, second wife of Juan Peron who reigned as president of Argentina during the 1940s.
Okay I better get back to drama research and food tech reflections. :/ High School briefing tonight... I guess now I know Theatre Arts is out. In the end, I really think I'd end up doing BCME. Like most people in Singapore...
The Enchanting Twilight
PS: Oh I can't believe it, but I've gotten the top grade for every Physics test so far! Wow wow wow. Got loads of errors but the teacher's nice enough to give me the top grade. Hee. And I hope I did well on my English Literature essay on Atticus in To Kill a Mockingbird today, knowing that I suck at Lit but can't run away from it anyway. English Literature SL, here I trudge.
Labels: Black Swan, Evita, Personal Project
