<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4842963858401204036?origin\x3dhttp://enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
MY BLOG! enchanting-twilight.blogspot.com ♥
Saturday, 26 March 2011

It is now 11.40pm Swiss time and I don't really feel like sleeping although I think I am getting tired. :/ The church bells and hymns (especially Amazing Grace) from the funeral are still playing in my head over and over again like a broken record. Bye Brian.

This was my 1st church funeral. Last funeral was Buddhist, so the customs were pretty different this time. Back to the old days in MGS when we had chapel service every week. I could still remember the lyrics of the Lord's Prayer, just that everyone there said it in German, thus I didn't say it in the end. German hymns are actually pretty cool haha. Well there were English translations and hymns, but I liked the new holy atmosphere in a different language.

All I saw of Brian was his urn. And pictures that everyone brought of him. It was supposed to be a celebration of his unique life, but turned out to be quite a weeping ceremony. Common, I guess... At the end of the service, everyone wrote wishes on little slips of paper for Brian and we all went out into the graveyard to tie our wishes to balloons and release them into the sky. I was pretty mad because my balloon and wish got wedged on a tree branch. >:(

Today I didn't have school because it was moderation day, like a marking day for teachers. And also it was the funeral. Didn't get much homework done. :s Basically I didn't have the mood to do it. I know I shouldn't be like that, but... Sigh.

Next week we have to present a poem to the class as an English assessment. I wrote a pretty morbid and gory poem about nature versus mankind. ><

Oh the new Singaporean girl seems like me when I started school in ISB 1.75 years ago. That quiet, that distant, that "independent". I really need to get her to open up and be more sociable. I know she is, because when I speak to her, she's really cheerful. But then she doesn't seem to like being around angmohs and doesn't really care to learn names either! (Okay I wasn't like that.) And she finds ISB so boring because this school doesn't really have CCAs after school and lessons during curriculum time are kind of slack... 1 thing: She's really smart. And I'm not envious. :D Because she's gonna be a helpful friend. AHA. ^^

When 1 friend goes, a new friend comes along. Really, why can't I have both?

The Enchanting Twilight

Labels: