And the Autumn break has started! Apparently I've been slacking away, but there's only 2 pieces of homework! :D An English essay and a History worksheet. Not that they're super easy, but it's much more manageable. :) NOT LIKE IN SINGAPORE WHERE THE TEACHERS PILE YOU WITH A MOUNTAIN FOR EACH DAY. So I have time to plan a running schedule so that my coach can see my improvement. Hopefully. Haha. Oh and I was thinking of trying to bake a cake on my own (without telling my mum, hehe). Okay I haven't baked before and I pulled out one of my mum's really ancient recipes and thought this is a good way of improving my skills for Food Technology (a subject in school). I went to buy most of the ingredients today, BUT I discovered my mum threw our whisk away before we moved! URGH. The whisk! I guess I'll have to buy one for myself. D: Hot Chocolate cheesecake. :D I sincerely hope it'll turn out good. Anyway I'm prepared for a great deal of scolding from my mum for my kitchen experiments. I don't care; her scoldings aren't that severe to me anymore. :P
Oh I just realised that if I'm making a cake and trying to run for exercise, it's totally making no sense. Run = losing calories; Cake = gaining calories. -.- NEVER MIND. For my parents. :) So far in school I've learnt how to cook a few dishes from European and Mexican cuisines. I feel accomplished!
7 weeks in school. 7 weeks of German. :) Now I can introduce myself rather fluently. :D And some boys in my class speak German to each other, so I try to catch anything I can. Well, one or two words sometimes. But at least it's something! :)The boys are horrible; I think partly they speak German it's because German's their mother tongue, and partly because they don't want people like me who can't speak German to understand what they're talking about.
And I know my English has never been that great, but to think some students whose English is not their mother tongue can score better than me is rather depressing. Oh well. :(
Hmm, I'm not sure if we're going back to Singapore and Malaysia next year for CNY. Cos that means skipping school for about 1-2 weeks...? Oh I'm not sure if we're going back during the winter hols or not...
The Enchanting Twilight
Labels: Autumn, Lausanne, Switzerland
